Happy Friday Players! GamersUnitedGG was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Daniel from Home Button and runner up in the GamersUnitedGG Blogging Competition! Thank you very much for the nomination Daniel and I encourage everyone to check out his video games blog! He has a great segment called Photo Mode where he posts and captions screenshots in game. He also posts reviews and awesome video game related topics.
The Sunshine Blogger award is a peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity, joy, warmth and any other emotions that you feel when you think about the sun. I’m taking a different approach and I will nominate some bloggers that are new followers and write amazing posts!
Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What is your favorite game of all time? I don’t know how anyone can answer this question lol. There have been so many great games that I could play for extended hours that it’s too hard to narrow down to 1 game. So I’ll be that person to list multiple games lol
- Mario Party
- Civilization Revolution
- Modern Warfare 2
- Gears of War
- What is your least favorite game of all time? So do you remember back in the Xbox 360 days when there was this game called Happy Wars? I remember it was the new craze and everyone on my friends list downloaded it. I was the oddball in the corner who didn’t get the appeal of the game and it was my least favorite thing to play.
- Who or what first got you into gaming? Gaming for me has always been a thing in my family. But I would say that my biggest influencer would be my older brother Kenny. As a child I always looked up to my brother and wanted to try anything that he did. Video games were our way of bonding.
- Have you ever cried while playing a game? What game and why? Yes! I’m a punk and I’ll admit that lol. I cry over cartoons, movies, you name it. One of the more memorable reasons I have cried in a video game was from the choices you have to make in Fable III. Yes, I know that you are not really killing or hurting people, but I feel things extremely deeply. If you’ve been around this blog for a while, you will know all about my traumatizing Fable III experience and why I can never complete that game lol.
- How have games impacted your life in a personal way? This one is a bit personal and a side that I don’t talk about too much. Growing up I was a very inquisitive kid (let’s face it I was annoying) and I was left out a lot at school and in our neighborhood. Bottom line is that I was weired because I wasn’t into things that kid would deem “normal.” I watched the Discovery channel, had different taste in music for what was expected form my culture and I wanted to feel included and when everyone wanted to join me and my brother at my house to play video games, I started to feel the acceptance that I craved. Video games and I parted ways in middle school when I was supposed to be more “girly” but a few years later they came back into my life at the best time, the trials and tribulations of high school. Personally, I think that video games allowed me to escape from a sometimes harsh life as I’m sure it has for others.
- If you could play a co-op game with anyone who has ever lived, living or dead, who would it be? I would want to play with Queen Elizabeth I. She is one of the pinnacle Queens to have ever lived and she did it in a country and an age where women did not have many freedoms (even as a royal). I just want to pick her brain about how she overcame insurmountable odds and why she lived the life she did without marrying and following the norms. Kind of like how Xavier Woods from WWE hosts video games with Superstars of WWE on his Up Up Down Down YouTube Channel.
- If you can pick one game currently released as the only game you could play from here on out, which would it be? I’m going to pick Minecraft! Before you stop reading what I have to say about my choice, think about it. PC Minecraft has all sorts of mini games developed from the community. So really, I could play different game types or just build a house and try to not get blown up by a Creeper. The same would go for Roblox. The Sandbox games are where it’s at for longevity, but not graphics lol.
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned while writing your blog? I would say learning that you can write about your interests following your own format is the most important thing. You do not have to conform to what others are writing about. If you prefer to write about less known games, go for it! If you want to structure your posts differently, do it! This way you will gain an audience that appreciates your content and creativity.
- If you could give one bit of advice to people who want to write a video game blog, or any blog for that matter, what would it be? I would say to trust yourself and write about what you love. It wouldn’t hurt to read others blogs as well so that you can see what others are doing and come up with your own strategic posts. If you are going outside of your element, make sure to research your topics so that you are putting together a great piece of work.
- If gaming was removed from your life tomorrow, what would become your new number one hobby? If you don’t like games remove your main hobby; what would take it’s place as number one? Writing will still be my hobby but I would probably have an interests blog instead of a gaming blog. Writing about Netflix, food and other things that I love.
- Can video games be art and why or why not? Funny story, The Well Red Mage asked this question a few months ago and I responded. You can view that post by clicking here!
Now for my Players!
Megan- A Geeky Gal -Megan runs a geeky blog and as part of that theme, she is doing a Video Game 30 Day challenge!
Dalton – Off The Field Gaming -Another recently followed video game blog. He has a great ranking system of combining his love for sports with his love of video games. Be sure to give his blog a look.
The Gaming Diaries-I have been following The Gaming Diaries blog for a while now and I highly encourage you to take a look at their content. Here’s a hint, it’s gaming related lol.
1 Broke Gamer Girl-1 Broke Gamer Girl has a few series of posts like the Games that she has not finished playing and her weekly trophy progress. They’re very entertaining and fun posts!
AlunaRL– He has a great video game and geek blog. Currently he is participating in the same 30 day Video Game Challenge as Megan so make sure to stop by and checkout some of their responses.
Strange Girl Gaming – A new blog that I have started following that has great video game news and posts. I learned that Mario Kart was coming to smartphones from her!
Kevin The Mental Attic – Kevin’s video game blog has a great segment going on right now. He is running video game characters through “The Ultimate Beastmaster” obstacle course. If you’re unfamiliar with the Netflix show, it’s like American Ninja Warrior where athletes traverse an obstacle course!
Why did you start blogging?
What is your favorite party game?
If you were in the Winter Olympics, what would you be your sport?
If you were in the Summer Olympics, what would be your sport?
Who’s your favorite Villain?
Zombies, Aliens or Mutants?
In a horde mode, who or what are you fighting?
Describe your perfect day.
What is your favorite video game genre to play?
If you could have a career in video games, what would you want to do?
Thank you for the nomination once again to Daniel and feel free to participate! I look forward to reading everyone’s responses. Have a great weekend!