Happy Wednesday and Power up Players for the GamersunitedGG Blogging Competition Week 2 standings! The blogging competition is going well and I encourage everyone interested to participate! Today we will award the points for Week 2’s prompt. Let’s take a look at the rules:
- Each week there will be a topic that you will write about (the prompt posts will be released each Monday at 11:30am EST). This is a 3 week competition!
- On the designated due date all entries must be posted (you can post anytime before the due date). Submissions after the due date will be reviewed but not submitted for the challenge that week.
- Make sure to link back to the prompt post (This Post) each week and place a link to your submission post in the comments section.
- Each week the top 3 posts will receive 10, 7 or 5 points. All other participants will receive 3 points. At the end of the 3rd week, the participant with the most points wins (There will be 3 Winners).
- 1st Place will receive a large Mystery Box of gaming and geeky items!
- 2nd Place will receive a small Mystery Box of gaming and geeky items!
- 3rd Place will receive a giftcard!
Week 2: January 15th – January 22nd – A great video game would be nothing without a compelling villain, who is this villain and what is their goal?
Flying Colours answered first this week with a monstrous villain who wants to be king. He takes from the poor and crushes anyone who is weak. I like this villain and I can see him in 2 ways. First being a literal monster with sharp claws, slimy skin and being tall. His character would be something like Bowser (whom I love and I promise the Memoirs of a Villain post will be up soon). King of the Koopas and ready to do what’s necessary to stay in power. I can also see the character being a mortal man who’s appearance is not known, so the townspeople make him into a beast!
Daniel from Home Button struck next with his gang of Villains and title titans Full Arsenal. His villains are a group of mercenaries put together to assist in a government crisis. But you know how that turned out right? F.A ended up drinking in power and realizing that they do not have to answer to anyone, they are super skilled and well funded enough to do what they want. I think of the Suicide Squad when I think about Full Arsenal, but more hi-tech based. The Suicide Squad is a gang of villains put together to help save the world… but I mean, what do they get out it? Total Chaos!
Pix1001 came up the political plunderer Mira as her villain! she’s described as having “… long violet hair, a short-sword tucked into her floor length cape and a devious look in her eyes.” Mira seems really intelligent so I can see her being a huge problem for anyone who crosses her. She is planning to destroy everyone and everything that Earth is and she may just get what she wants! The cape and dark hair reminds me of Raven from Teen Titan. Mira sounds like a great villain!
Thank you again to all 3 participants in this week challenge! Now let’s award the points for week 2 and don’t forget to click on their links to read each participants’ response!
3rd Place receiving 5 Points – Flying Colours! – Your monsterous villain seems like he would work well against your main character! Read their entry here!
2nd Place receiving 7 points-Pix1001 from Shoot the Rookie – Mira is a great villain and I think she works really well versus your main character. Read her entry here!
1st Play receiving 10 points-Daniel from Home Button – I really enjoyed your entry and the villains sound super cool. I love the idea of a team of rogues doing what they want. Read his entry here!
3rd Place with 10 points = Flying Colours
Tied for First with 17 points = Pix1001 & Daniel
Thank you for everyone that participated this week! Week 3’s prompt is live and I encourage everyone to enter! Remember, you can still enter week 1 & 2 and you will receive the 3 Points for participation. The top 3 players with the most points at the end of Week 3 will receive the prizes! Check out week 1&2 and the official rules by clicking here!